Recommendations to choose an ERP + steps to follow to make the best decision
Choosing an ERP management program is not an easy thing. There are many solutions available on the market and choosing the most suitable one, the one that will best adapt and provide an improvement in the management of your business is one of the greatest challenges that your company can face .
In many ways, the ERP system you choose will be the main medium. Where the different functional areas of your company will be united in a unified whole. Selecting and implementing an ERP software solution is typically intended to improve the efficiency and transparency of all business processes. From purchasing and sourcing, manufacturing and inventory control to sales and marketing, distribution and relationship management. with the clients.
If you have come this far, it is because you know that your company needs a solution that provides cohesive and productive growth. Once the need to commit to change has been accepted. The next step is to know how to choose a management software. For this reason, below, we give you 10 recommendations to choose an ERP and the steps to follow so as not to make a mistake.
The key is to choose an updated ERP, with experience and that transmits the security that your business needs
11 tips for selecting an ERP
By starting your search for the perfect ERP. You will have discovered the number of possible solutions out there. Whether they are different manufacturers, various models, various modes of use. The first thing is not to get overwhelmed and be clear about where we want to go. All the options may seem attractive to us, but to choose wisely, focus on the following points. Here are our recommendations to choose an ERP!:
- Do not rush in the selection of the solution . This must cover all the needs of your business, in addition to being able to meet the changing requirements of a very competitive market.
- Evaluates the interconnectivity and real-time visibility provided by current management systems.
- Become aware of the importance of having dashboards that reflect the vital KPIs of the business.
- Choose a tool that allows you to grow and at the same time adapts to the growth of your business. You must evaluate solutions in the cloud. Which in addition to growing with your needs, facilitate real-time control of information, regardless of the physical location of the assigned resources.
- Tool must be able to be easily adapted to the legislation and regulations of other countries.
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of the team assigned to customer relationship management, resource management and financial management.
- Each user must have a working environment appropriate to their role.
- It contrasts the organization’s current profitability goals against the ability to forecast.
- Choose a solution that can be implemented in any possible scenario.
- The ideal ERP will never be an expense, but rather a long-term investment that will respond to the performance of your business.
- Involve your supplier not so much as a “supplier”, but as one more ally of the organization . The implementation of best management practices may also depend on experience in the sector. You should choose one who has proven experience and who is available to check with you the evolution of the project.
4 steps to choose an ERP
We have already seen the recommendations to choose an ERP. Now we are going with the route to follow to make the best decision.
We know that the phase of choosing an ERP can generate a lot of frustration. And it is that, with the passage of time, changes occur in all businesses. And with them needs that can make you lose time and money if you do not know how to manage them. For this reason, we have prepared a document with the steps to follow to choose an ERP without making a mistake.
- Bet on change . First of all, you must accept that you need to change, it is the most important step since it will be the beginning of a path full of decisions ahead.
- Identify your needs . Later, it will be time to identify what you need and what you want.
- Choose the right ERP software . Once your management needs have been identified, you must choose a solution that suits them. In this sense, it is important that you get current and internationally recognized software.
- Choose the best partner . At this point, it will be time to decide which company you are going to commission the implementation process of the chosen ERP software.
At Dynamics Square, we know how important it is for a company to have all its information under control. For this reason, we hope that the recommendations for choosing an ERP explained in this post and the guide with the steps to follow to make the best decision will be of great help to you when it comes to boosting the growth of your business.
In the necessary organizational, process or technological changes, it is essential to have the right partner to address the multiple daily challenges, paradigm shifts and opportunities inherent to the environment of each organization, in order to differentiate itself from the rest of the competition and position itself in increasingly complex markets .
When dealing with any of these challenges, you will need to rely on a partner like Dynamics Square, where we will offer you the best and most efficient combination of experience in business consulting and the best technological solutions relying on Microsoft Dynamics technology (Some ERP are – Business central, Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 supply chain management , Dynamics 365 Sales) to successfully manage your project. allowing them to be easily deployed and adapted to the changing needs of your business.