QuickBooks Accounting Software: Even after being one of the best accounting software throughout the world, there are a couple of errors that may emerge while using this application/cloud-based software. Though the best part is you can resolve the such errors like QuickBooks error 1904 without consulting any expert, and while sitting in your comfort zone.
For more help getting rid of any issues related to QuickBooks like error code 1904, reach QuickBooks support at +1-855-856-0042
What is Error 1904, and its Reasons?
Error 1904 is an error that can pop up numerous times while you use QuickBooks. It may arise due to various reasons like:
- Installation of a new operating system,
- Upgrading QuickBooks application,
- Opening damaged or corrupt company file data,
- Damaged Microsoft Visual C++ component,
- Did not reboot the system after upgrading QuickBooks application version,
- Access denied,
- An unstable system, misplaced files, etc.
How to Identify Error 1904:
This we understood that error 1904 may erupt due to the above-given factors, but the question is how can anyone identify if the problem is error 1904, or anything else? Let’s check it out.
When Error 1904 erupts in QuickBooks, it pops up notifications something like this:
“Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register”
Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (X86)\QuickBooks 2018\ICWrapper.dll” failed to register”
Other signs of Error 1904:
- The system starts working too slow,
- Important company file data goes missing occasionally,
- System updates will not happen automatically, etc.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 15276
How to Resolve Error 1904:
- Re-install the QuickBooks or Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The first step towards resolving Error 1904 is, to reinstall the QuickBooks on your device, and reboot your system,
- If the problem continues, download and run QuickBooks Tool Hub, follow the instructions, and run Tool Hub on your system,
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the options given on the left-hand side of the tab, and run it,
- After the process completes, check whether QuickBooks is functioning well, or not. If it works well, congratulations, otherwise follow the next steps.
- Update your Operating system:
- Tap the ‘Window key’ on your keyboard,
- Go to the Window Update section, and check if your device is up-to-date,
- If not, update it, and install the QuickBooks on your system again. This process has the potential to resolve your problem. But, if the problem persists, follow the next instructions.
- Change the internal setting of your system:
- Press ‘Window+R’ on the keyboard, and open the run window,
- Then, type ‘msconfig’ on the search bar, and press Ok,
- Now another tab will open, where you can find multiple options on the top like General, Boot, Services, Startup, Tools,
- Select the ‘Services’ button on the top, and uncheck all the Microsoft services,
- Then click on the disable button given below, and restart your system.
The above given three processes can easily help you out coping with QuickBooks Error 1904 without any expert advice. However, if the problem stays or you require the need an expert, you can go to the 24/7 QuickBooks helpdesk by dialing +1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read this post: QuickBooks Event Id 4