Facing a display issue while working on QuickBooks? Does your QuickBooks screen turn black and white? Sometimes while working on QuickBooks, users experience a glitch where the QuickBooks background turns black. This prevents the user from seeing the on-screen information and also causes difficulties in operating the software. In this article, we will provide you with steps to make sure that QuickBooks displays the screen properly. So, keep reading to find a solution for the QuickBooks black and white screen issue.
If you are unable to perform troubleshooting or need assistance with fixing the error, you can reach out to our technical team at +1-855-856-0042.
Fixing the QuickBooks Black and White Screen
Here are the steps that can help you fix QuickBooks black screen issue –
Step 1 – Running the Quick Fix my Program Tool
From the tool hub, run the Quick Fix my Program tool.
- Download the most recent version of QuickBooks and open the downloaded file exe.
- Complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, in the QuickBooks Tool Hub, click on Program Problems > Quick Fix my Program. Run the program.
Step 2 – Updating the Video Card Drivers
Try updating the video card drivers to the latest release to fix the screen issue.
- Press the Windows + R key and type dxdiag in the appeared text box.
- Press Enter and select Dialog 1. Jot down Manufacturer/Model and then download the updates.
Step 3 – Switching to a Basic Windows Theme
Changing the theme of your windows to basic might help fix the QuickBooks black screen issues.
- Open the Personalize tab by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop.
- Windows Basic Themes will appear. Select any one theme.
- Restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
Step 4 – Editing the QBW.ini File
Edit the QBW.ini file by following the given steps –
- Close QuickBooks and press Windows then, in the search text box, enter the path for the ini file given below:
Enter the file location – ProgramData\Intuit\*Your QuickBooks Version*\QBW.ini (For ex – IF your version is QuickBooks 2020, the file location to be entered will be – ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020\QBW.ini)
- At the bottom of the file insert text [COLORS]Classic=
- Save and open QuickBooks.
Step 5 – Changing the Screen Resolution
Increasing the screen resolution can help remove QuickBooks black boxes and QuickBooks black fields.
- Open the Registry Editor. Move to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftNT\CurrentVersion\Windows”.
- Increase the value of GDIProcessHandleQuota from 10000 to 65535. Close the Registry Editor and reboot.
- Open QuickBooks and see if the black boxes are removed. If yes, then change back the resolution back to 10000.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
Step 6 – QuickBooks Program File Re-registration
To re-register the program file –
- On the QuickBooks Company File location, right-click on the Bat Files. Now, click onRun as Administrator.
- Ensure that the Bat Files are running with Windows Admin rights.
- The files path will appear as scrolling in a command window. Wait for it to complete.
- Your Windows will shut down post completion. Try opening QuickBooks and see if the issue is resolved.
If you performed all the above troubleshooting steps and the QuickBooks black and white screen issue persists, you might need professional help to fix this issue. You can get in touch with our technical assistance team by dialing +1-855-856-0042 and we can help you in resolving the issue.
Recommended to read: YOUR EASY GUIDE TO RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS ERROR 1904