Practicing Ashtavakrasana regularly can give you many benefits. And it is important to do it in the right way. Learn its method-
There are many health benefits of doing yoga. With its regular practice, a person remains free from many diseases. And if you also do yoga, then from today, you can also add Ashtavakrasana to your practice. Ashtavakrasana is an easy and beneficial yoga posture. And you can also do it very easily at home. Know the benefits-precautions of this asana and the right way to do it-
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you should learn the Retreat for Depression.
Eight parts of the body are benefited from doing Ashtavakrasana. It is made up of three words Ashta, Vakra, and Asana. In this, there is a crooked structure in eight places of the body. That is while practicing it, the body is bent from eight places, hence it is called Astavakrasana.
How to do Ashtavakrasana:
Ashtavakrasana may seem very difficult to see, but if you know its correct method, then you too can do it easily. It is very important to do this asana in the right way, only then you can get its full benefits. Know the ways to do this asana-
- To do Ashtavakrasana, first lay a mat on the ground.
- Then sit on the mat with your legs straight.
- Interlock both the feet with the toes.
- Then now put your right hand in the middle of the feet and place the palm on the ground.
- And place the palm of the left hand firmly on the ground parallel to the shoulders.
- And now slowly try to raise the body and legs by emphasizing the hands.
- In this state, take 2-3 long deep breaths and release them.
- Then you can come to your initial stage.
- This process can be repeated 3-5 times.
Benefits of Astavakrasana:
By doing this asana in the right way, health benefits in many ways. By doing this regularly, the digestive system remains healthy, as well as it helps in making your muscles completely strong.
1. Regularly doing Ashtavakrasana increases concentration. And it also relieves stress, anxiety, and depression.
2. Ashtavakrasana strengthens the digestive system and helps in curing stomach-related diseases like gas, acidity, indigestion, and constipation.
3. Its regular practice increases flexibility in the body. And due to this, the body remains flexible.
4. It strengthens the muscles of the arms, legs, abdomen, and back.
5. In this, the weight of the whole body is on the hands, due to which the palms and arms become strong.
6. If you do not feel hungry, then you can do this asana daily. This will satisfy your hunger.
7. With its daily practice, the circulation of blood in the body continues.
Precautions while doing Ashtavakrasana:
Before doing any yoga asana, you must know about its benefits, how to do it, as well as its precautions. Because many times we do it wrongly, due to which we can get loss rather of benefit. In such a condition, you must know about its precautions before doing it.
- In the starting, you should do this asana only under the supervision of an expert.
- And if you are doing this asana for the first time, then do 1-2 sets in the beginning. But slowly after regular practice, you can increase it according to your capacity.
- If you have any kind of pain or injury in your hands, elbows, or palms, then avoid practicing this asana.
- And doing this asana on an empty stomach every morning gives more benefits. If you are not able to do it in the morning, then keep in mind that you have not eaten anything for the last 3 to 4 hours while doing it.
- You must do light exercise before practicing this asana. Along with this, you can also do Baddhakonasana and Uttanasana.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you should add a 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
By doing this asana properly, you can get all the benefits mentioned above. But in the beginning, you should do it only under the advice and supervision of an expert or yoga guru. Also, if you are suffering from any serious disease, then do it only on the advice of experts. People who have recently had an operation should avoid practicing it.