QuickBooks is an accounting software working as a tool to create account reports, manage payroll, tax submissions, and many other financial tasks. It has helped its users to execute complex accounting processes efficiently. Users can leave worries about data safety as QuickBooks handles it too. Even with all these highlights, it is always unsafe from common internal errors in any software. QuickBooks Error 1328 is one of the errors that can affect the working of QuickBooks. If you came across this error in your QuickBooks and are now looking for solutions, go through the blog and learn more about the error.
Experts are just a call away; reach them at +1-855-856-0042.
About this error
Keeping your software updated is a need for its efficient performance. But you can get troubled due to some issues like QuickBooks Error 1328. An update errorworries you while installing, uninstalling, or repairingthe software. You won’t be able to execute your QB update till you get rid of this error. The update process will not start or crash before completion. You’ll receive an error message, “Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp”.
The most favorable conditions for this error to occur are-
- QuickBooks is not installed correctly, or some of its files are missing
- You are using a slow or lousy internet connection
- The windows version on your PC is outdated
We have gathered some of the solutions that you can execute to get rid of this error-
Solution 1-Uninstall QuickBooks & perform a clean re-install
To sort out any issues during the last download, QB needs to be uninstalled and then installed again. Let’s start with uninstalling it-
- Click on the Windows Start button and open the control panel from the search panel.
- Click on Programs and features to open a list of all the processes.
- Choose your QB version and tap on Uninstall/Change.
- Finally, click
Your QuickBooks is now uninstalled.
It would help if you had your product key and license number to proceed with the installation procedure. Follow the steps to install it again-
- Go to the official website of QuickBooks and download the software.
- After the download is finished, open the exe file.
- Do as per the instructions provided and accept the software license agreement.
- On the next window, fill in your Product key and license number.
- Choose –
- Express if you area new user and require QuickBooks for a single system
- Customif you want to use it for setting up a multi-user network orwhile installing QB on a server
- Let the process complete, and then activate your QuickBooks.
If you still see the error in your QuickBooks, try the other solution.
You may also read: QuickBooks Won’t Open
Solution 2- Check for internet connectivity issues
A poor internet connection can be the reason you are facing this error in your QuickBooks; follow the easy steps below to run a speed test on Google and verify that your connection is stable-
- Search “Internet speed test” on google and complete it.
- Compare the results to the requirements of QuickBooks-
3Mbps recommended and 1.5Mbps minimum
Upgrade your connection if it didn’t get the desired result, or move on to the next solution if everything’s fine.
Solution 3- Update your version of Windows
You should always use the latest Windows version on your computer, which can fix most of the bugs and errors that already existed during the update. Follow the steps to update your Windows-
- Click on Start and type Windows updates on the search panel.
- Go to Windows update and click on Check for updates.
- If any update is available, start and reopen QuickBooks after the process.
This is the end of this blog; we discussed QuickBooks Error 1328. The reasons for this error and possible actions to rectify it. We expect that this blog helped you solve the issue and make your QuickBooks errorless. Call +1-855-856-0042 if you need any help regarding the issue.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working