QuickBooks online freezing is one of the widely raised queries by users. Whenever the users try to access QuickBooks online, the QuickBooks freezes and does not respond to the commands. The most significant cause behind this error is an incorrect configuration of Internet Explorer or the files bound to QuickBooks. Misconfiguration of Microsoft Windows can also be a prominent cause. Whatever the reasons may be, we have elaborated and enlisted some practical solutions which will help you in overcoming this error instantly and effectively. Some other reasons include QuickBooks Bex Error, Interruption of any 3rd party applications, incorrect firewall or antivirus settings, outdated versions of QuickBooks of the Microsoft Windows, accumulation of junk files and folders, and more. We will troubleshoot all these issues by following the solutions listed in this blog below.
If you do not want to employ complex troubleshooting, then you can hire an expert to do the job effectively, for which you can call the QuickBooks team of technical professionals at 1.855.738.2784.
Solutions for the QuickBooks online freezing issue
Incorrect file names can also restrict access to QuickBooks, and hence the first troubleshooting step that we must employ is the fixation of the file configuration. We have mentioned some simple solutions below which will assist you in overcoming this error easily.
Solution 1: Locate and Rename the ‘Qbuser.ini’ File
- This file comprises all the information bound to QuickBooks and its accessibility.
- A damaged or corrupted QB.ini File can block the accessibility pathway to QuickBooks.
- To fix this, we must first locate this file which we will find mainly in the C drive.
- Find the file containing all the information bound to the QuickBooks and its accessibility QB.ini ‘.ini ‘.old’ at the end of the file names.
- Save the changes and restart the system and then try to access QuickBooks online.
- If the error is still processing, you can employ the next solution.
Read Also: QuickBooks Bank Feeds Not Working
Note: It is recommended to restart the system before and after applying the solutions. Further, ensure that you are using the components that have been updated to the latest versions. Before starting with the troubleshooting, also make sure to clear all the browser cache and remove all the junk files and folders.
Solution 2: Find and modify the file names of the ‘.ND’ and ‘TLG’ files.
- The network descriptive and the transaction log file encompass a massive amount of data and information affiliated with the QuickBooks software.
- If we want to access QuickBooks, these files must be configured correctly.
- We need to start by modifying the file names and fixing them.
- Locate the files with ‘.ND’ and. ‘TLG’ extensions.
- Then select ‘rename’ and add the extension ‘.old’ at the end.
- Save the changes and avoid changing any other part of the file name.
- Finally, restart the system and then try opening the QuickBooks online.
QuickBooks online freezing issue must be settled after employing the above solutions. If the error continues to appear, then immediately call QuickBooks technical support at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 15271