Facing difficulties in finding the perfect solution for Outlook data file recovery, you have come across it at the right place. In this guide, we will share you some best and most reliable solutions to repair outlook data files. Firstly, let’s understand the MS Outlook data files and their reason for corruption.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the ideal emailing platforms for most organizations.
It stores all Outlook data in the system in PST file format. The PST file stores the complete data of Outlook such as attachments, contacts, emails, etc. in it.
Most users have a myth that PST is not prone to corruption, but several circumstances can corrupt the PST file. After developing the corruption in the PST file, the Outlook user cannot access their data. These situations may lead to the operational losses of any business entity. Before knowing the recovery solution for the PST file, let’s understand some of its causes of corruption.
Common Reasons of Corruption in Outlook PST File
However, there are several reasons for PST corruption, but now we will discuss some of its common corruption reason.
- Oversize PST file: Each Outlook version has a specified or a permissible limit for the size of the PST file. For Outlook 2007 version, the PST file size limit is 20 GB, whereas Outlook 2010 permits a PST file size of 50GB. If the PST exceeds its size limit, there are chances that the PST gets corrupted.
- Improper Closing of Outlook Application: Whenever your Outlook application abruptly closed due to a human mistake or power cut-off, then your PST file might get corrupted.
- Virus Attack: Another reason that many Outlook users must be aware of is the attack of a virus. It can also lead to the corruption of the PST file, leading to the inaccessibility of the Outlook data.
- Hardware Failure: Instances when your system has some bad sector, and if your PST location is the same as the location of the bad sectors, then your PST can face corruption.
Irrespective of the causes of the corruption of PST files, you need to implement such techniques which effectively repair Outlook data files without causing any threat to the data stored in them.
Solutions to Repair Outlook Data Files: Updated
If you are dealing with the error while opening the Outlook PST file, then you can consider the following mentioned solutions to get rid of them:
Solution 1: Microsoft Inbox Repair Utility
Looking to recover the data from the corrupted PST, you need to locate the location of ScanPst.exe in the installation directory of the system where the MS outlook has been installed.
Follow the given steps to repair the file.
- After locating the ScanPST.exe, you need to open it to initiate the recovery process.
- Select and add the damaged PST file, click on the Next button.
- The tool will scan the error in the PST file then you need to click on the Repair option to start recovering the file.
- The process will initiate repairing the PST file, and you can start accessing data stored in your PST file.
Although this method (ScanPst.exe) recovers data from corrupted PST, this utility faces difficulties to repair large-level corruption. Another way through which you can repair severely damaged .pst files is through professional software.
Solution 2: Shoviv Outlook PST Repair Tool
Unlike ScanPst.exe, this Outlook data file recovery solution is an efficient way to repair major-level corruption of PST files. It effortlessly recovers all data from the corrupted PST file including emails, contacts, etc. Some of the essential features of the tool are as follows:
- Repairs any PST file corruption, whether it’s due to a virus attack or through the improper closing of MS Outlook.
- The software makes no restriction for a user to add multiple corrupted PST files and make them repaired without changing their data file folder hierarchy
- It also facilitates users to take the preview of added PST file items to make sure that added data is correct.
- The incremental option comes with this software which does not let the repair process stop working and make resumption if any interruption comes while repairing the PST file.
- Users can also save the PST file item into formats, like EML, HTML, RTF, etc.
- The software works smoothly without any difficulty with all Microsoft Outlook versions and Windows operating systems.
The Bottom Line!
Outlook users always look for a better solution to retrieve Outlook data files. We have covered two solutions; one is through the manual method, and the other is through a third-party Outlook data file recovery solution in this write-up.
As you already know that conventional methods have some limitations, it is better to move towards a professional solution. Now it’s rest up to you to choose the method that meets your demands.
Read More: Repair Outlook Data Files