QuickBooks H202 is an error you can witness while using the QuickBooks multi-user mode. QuickBooks H202 means something is restricting the QuickBooks multi-user mode to allow the workstations to access the company file. We will discuss what the QuickBooks H202 exactly is in a few; meanwhile, if you are struggling with the QuickBooks H202; stay tuned to get the best advice to resolve the QuickBooks H202. Make sure you follow all the recommended steps in a given manner without any omission.
Though all the steps explained in this blog are easy to follow, if you still require any expert advice, you can contact us 24/7 on +1-855-856-0042
What is QuickBooks H202?
QuickBooks H202 is a multi-user and company file error you can witness while trying to access the company file in the workstations rather than the server.
Server: The Server is the main computer where the Company File has been saved.
Workstation: Workstations are those computers/laptops where the Company Files is not saved, but you can still access the company files with the help of the QuickBooks server.
Why does QuickBooks H202 occur?
QuickBooks H202 can occur due to one of the following reasons:
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not installed on your computer/laptop.
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working correctly.
How to Identify QuickBooks H202?
Identifying the QuickBooks H202 is not so difficult to understand as QuickBooks H202 sends the error message on the workstations where the error erupts. Therefore, you will receive this error message if the QuickBooks H202 emits.
Error Code: H202
This Company File is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs help connecting.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error H505
How to resolve the QuickBooks H202?
As we got the problem, let’s move on to the rectification process. For example, if you see QuickBooks H202 on your computer/laptop, don’t panic. Instead, follow these easy steps mentioned below and get QuickBooks H202 resolved in just a few minutes.
- Close QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer/laptop by following the instructions.
- Wait until the installation is done.
- Now open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and click on the Network Issues tab on the left-hand side of the window.
- Go to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. (QuickBooks Database Server Manager will require the QuickBooks on your computer/laptop. In case the QuickBooks is not downloaded, download the QuickBooks.)
- In the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, click on the Start Scan (if you can see your Company File), or use the browse feature to search the Company File and click on Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will automatically repair your firewall permission.
- Now open the QuickBooks on those workstations where the QuickBooks H202 was appearing, click on File and Switch to Multi-user mode.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and click on the Company File Issue.
- Click on the QuickBooks File Doctor, select the Company File, click on Check the File, and continue.
- Now fill in the QuickBooks admin password and select Next.
After the process is done carefully, open the workstations where the QuickBooks H202 appeared, and you will find it resolved. The way mentioned above is a proven process you can use to resolve the QuickBooks H202 without stress. However, if you are still struggling with the problem, or aren’t satisfied with the solution, contact us on our 24/7 helpdesk by dialling Recommended to read this post: QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013