As we all know, the mixture of concrete requires the main three constituents, and water is needed when mixing them. The constituents are Cement, Sand, and Aggregates. Concreting can be done on plain exposed concrete, or you can also hire experts to work on colored concrete for beautifying your driveway or the garden area.
Concreting is the essential and essential process in a construction project followed by reinforcement & formwork in the construction. Concreting activities are widely used in major structural elements like foundations, beams, columns, walls, slabs, etc.
Major Steps Followed During Concreting:
The steps which are carried out for the concreting are:
- Batching: It is a process of measuring ratios of concrete materials such as cement, coarse aggregate, fine aggregate, and water to make the concrete structures known as batching. In the case of volume batching, the measurements of concrete materials are always taken in volume, and in the case of weight batching, the measurements are taken by weight.
- Mixing: In this concreting step, the materials are mixed in the required proportions or ratio until the paste does not show a uniform color and consistency. There are also two methods of mixing. The first one is Hand mixing, and the second is machine mixing. Even before mixing, one must check in which season the concreting layers are applied, and how long the concreting done can stay.
- Transportation: After the mixing is done, the made concrete correctly is needed at the construction site. Therefore, concrete is transported to the site. At last, the concrete is perfectly placed in the formworks to make structures. This process is known as transportation. There are two ways by which concrete can be transported. The first one is Manual Transportation. And the second one is Mechanical Transportation.
- Compaction: The process used while concreting to eliminate the air bubbles from the freshly placed concrete. It can increase the ultimate strength of concrete by increasing the bond with reinforcement.
You Should Have Some Information Before Concreting
- Concrete grade and its type.
- Cement quality to be used.
- Size of aggregates.
- Total cost of concreting
- Concrete mix design.
- The process of mixing is adopted.
- Type of equipment and manpower used.
What Will Be the Cost of Concreting?
The cost for concreting also varies from place to place as the cost of available raw materials, manpower, and equipment differ. So, first of all, estimating the price of concrete per meter cube rate analysis should be done. You should also check the type of cement that works in the best possible manner, to hold the concrete in place. The cost also depends on the mix design, tools, and manpower used.
List Of Some Factors That Can Affect the Rate of Concreting:
- Place of the work
- •Total volume of the concreting for the project.
- Height of the concrete structure.
- Availability of the raw material which is required for concreting.
- •Type and the quality of the raw materials to be used.
- Methods of concreting.
- Rate of admixtures which is needed during concreting.
Types of Concrete Used in Construction.
Note: There are two types of concrete:
- PCC (plain cement concrete) and
- RCC (reinforced cement concrete)
The difference between these two is that there is no steel reinforcement in PCC and reinforcement of steel in RCC. Transporting concrete from one place to another, checking the quality of the concrete, batching, compaction, and finishing are some of the important phases that one needs to go through. Check the quality control and the type of concrete methods used.
Wrapping It Up:
From the above information, you have learned about the steps of concreting for your construction work. So, now you can choose the best cement, well-graded aggregates, and sand for concrete as now you have familiar with the entire concreting steps.
For more information available at https://articlesgolf.com/