Outlook is a cross-platform email client that works on both Windows and Mac OS platforms. However, you must first convert an OLM file (Mac Outlook) to a PST file in order to Open OLM File on Windows Outlook. We’ve provided step-by-step instructions (manual technique) for this conversion in this post. We’ve also included powerful OLM to PST converter software to help you automate the process.
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email program that is used by many people and businesses. It’s compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. While both versions of the program have the same UI, functions, and experience, there are minor variations.
The mailbox is exported in OLM format in Outlook 2011 and 2016 for Mac, for example. The mailbox in Windows Outlook is exported as a PST file. To access an OLM file in Windows, you must first convert it to a PST file. This conversion can be done in two ways: manually or automatically.
How can I manually see an OLM file in Windows?
Using a dummy Gmail account, you may see an Outlook OLM file in Windows Outlook. You can send your OLM emails to your Gmail account and then sync them with Windows Outlook. The steps below will walk you through the full process to convert OLM to PST manually.
- Make a brand-new Gmail account.
- Select See all options from the Gmail settings menu by clicking the Gear icon on the top menu.
- Open the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in the Settings box that appears.
- Make sure the Enable IMAP option is selected in the IMAP access section.
- Go to Outlook > Preferences > Personal Settings > Accounts in Outlook for Mac. Then, at the bottom, click the Add icon to add your Gmail account to the app.
- Right-click the INBOX folder of the Gmail account after it has been added. Then, from the menu, choose New Folder and save a new folder with the name OLM transfer.
- Select the OLM emails you want to examine in Windows Outlook (they’re already in Outlook 2016 for Mac).
- Drag and drop these emails into the OLM transfer folder after that. These emails will now be uploaded to your Google account’s server.
Method 2.How to use an automated Solution to view an OLM file on Windows?
You can utilize an advanced third-party software tool to read Mac Outlook’s OLM in Windows Outlook if you desire a straightforward solution. For example, Converter for OLM can be used to quickly view OLM files. It’s not just an OLM viewer; it’s much more.
Converter for OLM is a powerful freeware program that converts Mac Outlook data files (OLMs) into Outlook-compatible PSTs for Windows. It is the ideal way to view OLM files in Windows Outlook because it is quick, safe, and simple to use.
It may be difficult to open OLM file on Windows Outlook. You may, however, access OLM mailboxes in Windows Outlook using a DIY manual way. Try Advik OLM to PST Converter Tool to convert OLM to PST safely and immediately if you want to make the procedure easier. You may convert OLM to HTML, PDF, EML, and other formats with this software (Technician edition).
To read more such articles : Visit Here