As the Exchange has reached its 2019 version the support for the previous ones is getting ended with the new. This pushes to update the Exchange Server’s version or change the Exchange data to PST for keeping it safe or importing into the other utility. Down the row, if you are looking to export Exchange 2013 mailbox to PST can proceed with any of the two methods listed below.
Method1: Export Exchange 2013 Mailbox to PST using EAC
EAC stands for Exchange Admin Center and users who have admin permissions need to visit here to export Exchange 2016 mailbox to PST or any other version they like.
- Enter into the Exchange Admin Center and tap on Permissions.
- Assign two roles: “Discovery Management permission” and “Import-Export permission”.
- In Discovery Management, you will find two sections. “Roles” and “Member”.
- Create roles of Mailbox Export-Import and Mailbox Search under the Role section.
- Add your Admin ID in the Member section.
- Proceed for Import & Export permission now.
- Open it and add the Import/Export role under the Role section.
- Add the Admin ID in the Member section.
This process would take about 24 hours to activate eDiscovery Management.
- When it activates, approach it and tap on ‘+’ to create a new search, provide a name, click on Specify Mailbox to Search > click on ‘+’ > Add Users.
- Click Next, “All Content” should be included.
- In the next wizard, press Finish.
- You will see that your query has been saved now
- Tap on the download icon.
- Open the downloaded file.
- It will be an eDiscovery PST Export Tool; browse the path where you want to save PST
- Now click Start; Your PST containing the chosen mailbox will
save in the specified local directory.
Downsides of Exchange Admin Center Method:
- Users must have a sharable drive and permissions to execute the Import/Export task to export 2013 mailbox to PST.
- The Manual Technique is typical to follow, and there also remains a huge chance of human error leading to data loss.
- The interruption for the manual method users is also a time-consuming aspect as if the manual process interrupts in between, users need to start the process freshly again.
- The PST corruption also remains a scenario as the PST split option is not availed in the manual method.
Method2: Professional Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool
The manual method certainly comes with several drawbacks few of which we already have talked about. So, in that case, users, in general, like to use automated tools that could make the task easy and effective. Especially, the requirement for the automated becomes more necessary when users are having a huge lump of data. Shoviv Exchange Recovery Tool is one such capable tool that exports Exchange data to PST within a stipulated amount of time. The best thing is that this tool works in a read-only mode to the users’ data leading to zero alterations.
Step by step procedure:
Phase1: Add Exchange Mailbox(s)
- Step1:Click on Add Source from the ribbon bar.
- Step2:In the left pane of the appeared wizard, tap on Exchange Server Mailboxes, fill credentials, and hit Next.
- Step3:Choose the mailboxes you want to export and hit Finish.
Phase2: Export the Added Mailbox(es)
- Step4: Now, on the ribbon bar, hit Outlook PST, and deal with the appeared wizard’s sub-folders to hit Next.
- Step5: Choose Export in Existing PST or Export and Create a New PST Files, provide a path, and tap Next.
- Step6: Use Filters and Advanced options as per the need and click on Next.
- Step7: The process starts; click on Save Report after process completion and hit Finish consequently.
Have you seen? how easy the Shoviv tool makes the process and gives countless features to help users with the management of their data?
Advantages of Automated Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool:
- Allows numerous and any size of Exchange mailboxes and EDB addition in a single row to export Exchange 2013 mailbox to PST.
- Works with the users’ data totally in a read-only mode maintaining the data integrity and folder hierarchy of the respective data.
- Facilitates Filters to the users to let them include/exclude the data from the export process accordingly.
- The advanced option of the tool comprises Folder Mapping and email Translation features that lead users toward the desired accuracy.
- PST split is essentially present in the tool to prevent PSTs from oversize corruption.
- The Incremental export feature of the tool saves users from putting extra effort to start the process again from the very start in case the process interrupts.
The Final Note:
The two methods, one is by visiting the Exchange Admin Center and the other using the Automated tool, are discussed. Out of the two, users are free to adopt any one or the other not listed here. If they want to try out the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool to export Exchange 2013 mailbox to PST can use it in a FREE demo.