Articlesgolf | If you are seeking a way to combine 2 PST files into 1? If yes, then this article will help you. Here you will learn a step by step guide on how to merge 2 Outlook .pst files into 1 and manage them into one place.
Microsoft Outlook is the world’s most common email client. Therefore, it can store all of its data in the PST file format. Outlook gives users the ability to create multiple accounts. However, it is easy to create a new account for the users, however when it comes to combining all the PST files into a single one, then it is difficult or confusing for most of the users.
So, below we are going to discuss how to combine multiple PST files into one using manual and automated methods through which users can easily and simply merge their Outlook PST file into one without any trouble. Let us start the blog!
Why User Needs to Merge 2 Outlook .pst data files into 1?
There are several reasons why users need to do it, follow the below steps to know the reasons behind it:-
- Users want to combine the ANSI PST file with UNICODE PST.
- Therefore, it combines multiple Outlook accounts into one.
- To import old PST files into the latest versions of Outlook.
- Users want to access all the PST files into one place.
- To merge 2 archive PST files into a single one.
How to Combine Multiple PST Files into One Manually?
Follow the below manual steps to complete the conversion of Outlook PST files into one. By performing the manual method there are two steps to do it.
Step 1: Create a New PST File
- In Outlook, click on the New Items, select More Items >> Outlook Data File.
- Now, select the desired location on your systems to save a new PST file and provide a name for it. Click on OK.
Step 2: Import Old PST Files Into Newly Created PST File
To combine the Multiple Outlook PST files, in this step we will importing the existing data file into new one:-
- First, Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Click on the Open & Export and select Import/Export.
- Select the option Import from another program or file and click on Next.
- Now, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit on Next.
- Browse, and select the .pst file to import and require options and click on Next.
- Select the any options that you “Do not import duplicates” and click Next.
- Check the include subfolder and import the items into the same folder in the box.
- Click on the Finish button.
Merge Two PST Data Files into One – Automated Solution
As the manual method is quite complex, involves several steps and requires appropriate steps to be performed. Otherwise, the data loss and file corruption issue will increase. To get rid of all these problems and combine 2 PST files into 1 file format, then use an automated solution i.e., Free PST Merge Tool to Join / Merge First 15 Items.
However, it is a handy software that is easy and simple to use for novice users. This tool provides great features to merge multiple Outlook PST files into a single one. Therefore, users can easily merge two PST files as well as multiple data items like contacts, calendars, emails, notes, and tasks. It also maintains the original email properties and folder structure of PST files throughout the merging process. This tool is capable of combining and removing duplicate items without altering any single information. You can combine Outlook archives as well as password-protected files without entering the password. It has the splitting options that helps you to reduce the PST file size while combining.
Working Steps to Combine 2 PST Files into 1 – Using Software
Follow the software steps to complete the working of merging multiple Outlook PST files into one without facing error. Let us start the process step by step:-
- Download and run the Outlook PST on your system, Click on Add Files or Folders.
- Now, choose the option Join or Merge and click on the Next.
- After that, select the required folders and choose to combine the Existing PST, New PST, and Outlook Profile.
- Hit on the Next button and analyze the live combining process.
- Finally, on the OK after getting the completion messages on your PC.
In the above article, we have discussed how to combine 2 PST files into 1 in bulk. And there are two methods to complete the conversion process which are manual and automated solutions. By performing the manual method you have to follow two steps and face difficulties to perform it. But, don’t worry, we have suggested an automated solution through which you can easily and quickly merge the 2 Outlook .pst data files into 1 without facing any hassle. So choose as per your needs.