You’ll see how easy it is to clean the patio once you know how. It’s actually one of the simplest ways to breathe new life into your garden and make it feel more pleasant.
Patios are a great way to enhance a property. They require far less upkeep than lawns, persist for years, and offer a useful surface for what is frequently the focal point of a garden. Additionally, they may be decorated with a ton of lovely furniture, lighting, and accessories; for ideas, see our patio designs. As our innovative paving ideas demonstrate, they may also be a feature in and of themselves.
All they require to maintain them in peak shape is a thorough clean of the patio a few times a year. Depending on how unclean it is, there is a better approach to handle this. We’ve got the instructions on how to get your patio-looking ship shape below. If there is just a little amount of filth, washing with soapy water or white vinegar may be all that is necessary.
How to use soapy water to clean a patio
- Soapy water should be sufficient to göra rent altan if it is relatively new or is cleaned often.
- In a bucket, combine warm water and one spoonful of dishwashing liquid.
- Pour it onto the patio and scrub it with a hard brush or broom before washing it off with clean water.
- For many objects in the garden, plain old soapy water is a fantastic and economical cleaning method. To get rid of the dirt, all you need to add is a little elbow grease.
How to use white vinegar to clean the patio
- Although environmentally friendly, vinegar is acidic, so move any furniture or pots before you start to avoid discoloration.
- White vinegar and water should be mixed equally before being applied to the pavement. You will receive an even covering if you use a watering can with an attached rose head.
- After letting the solution sit for about 20 minutes, scrub the spots with a hard brush.
- After finishing, rinse with fresh water.
- Without the use of a power washer, this inexpensive technique works wonders for removing embedded stains. Looking for more inexpensive garden ideas to improve your space? Visit our guide now.
Use clean the patio with a high-pressure washer
- To wash the patio with a high-pressure washer, Make sure you’re protected before you begin. Put on some old clothing and goggles to protect your eyes from flying debris since pressure washing, even when done with the best pressure washer, can be a dirty process.
- Before you start to tvätta altan med högtryckstvätt, connect your hose and make sure water is flowing freely through the machine to get rid of any airlocks, advises the Homebase staff (opens in new tab). They recommended that the hose be at least 7.5 meters long and 1/2 inch thick. Additionally, make sure your hose reel is entirely unwound and free of kinks (if you’re using one) to guarantee a continuous flow.
- Connect your pressure washer’s patio cleaning head, if you have one. Use this while cleaning the patio as well because it quickly takes care of a huge area and has the appearance of a giant circle.
- Start with a low-pressure setting and focus on washing the surface of each slab separately if you don’t have a patio cleaning head.
- Next, quickly spray the grout with the jet as you move along it. Avoid applying excessive pressure or focusing on one place for an extended period of time as this might harm it.