In this blog, we will learn about the separation of the PST files in Outlook. A user can follow the manual technique or the professional technique of splitting the PST files. Let us first know the reasons for the separation of the PST files.
Why do users need to separate their PST files?
There can be many reasons for a user to separate their PST files. Let us have a look at these reasons;
- If the PST files exceed limit than they can be corrupted
- Users can separate their PST files according to their work, and private information.
- The split PST files provide a great performance.
And many more reasons are there for a user to separate their PST files. Let us now have a look at the techniques for the splitting of the PST files.
How to manually split a large PST file?
To prevent problems with MS Outlook due to large Outlook PST files. Users need kağıthane escort to split a large Outlook PST file. There are almost three ways for users to manually split large Outlook PST files. Below
are the steps for manually splitting the Outlook PST file.
Method 1: Use the archive function
Method 2: Compact PST file size
Method 3: Import and export options
Method 4: Use folder destination
Method 5: Split PST tool
Method 1: Using archiving feature
This guide helps users to sort the maximum size of Outlook PST files per year. This allows users to manage their PST files annually. The user must follow the steps below. Let’s perform the following steps.
- Open the MS Outlook application and go directly to the File tab.
- On the File tab, select the Archive option.
- In the Archive window, for this folder and its subfolders. Archive option
- In the drop-down list, you need to select an archive date that is older than the archive PST file immediately before this date option.
- Finally, click the Browse button to select the location to share the archive.pst file and click OK to complete the process.
Method 2: Compress PST File Size If a
user wants to reduce Outlook PST file size using Method 2, then you need to follow the steps below.
- In the MS Outlook application, go to the File tab
- Account Settings Option
- Select Account Settings and click Data File Option
- Select the data files you want to merge and click the Settings
- Click the Compact Now button, then click the OK button.
Method 3: Import and Export Options
If users want to solve the problem of very large PST files, they can also search the import and export features provided by Outlook to isolate larger PST files.
- Go to the File tab of the MS Outlook application.
- Go to the Account option and select Account Settings.
- Then click the Close button in the Export window to exit the Account Settings window and click Next to continue.
- Select the PST file and click the Next option again.
- Click the Browse button to select a new file location.
- When your post is complete, click the Finish button.
Method 4: Using the Move to Folder function
You can call the folder function provided by MS Outlook using the Move to Folder function
To prevent corruption of the Outlook PST file, users should follow the steps below to split the Outlook PST file.
- Open MS Outlook and click the File button.
- Select the New option and click the Outlook Data File window.
- Name the new PST file “Create Microsoft Personal Folder”.
- Then click the Edit tab and select Destination. Folder Options
- Here in the Move-Item dialog box, click New Options
- Select a new PST file Select a location to place the folder options and click the OK button Click
- Next, in Move Items, select a new folder with a new PST file.
- Finally, press the OK button.
This is a manual way for users to split Outlook PST files. Next, let’s find an easy way to perform the division task.
Splitting PST files- Third-party app
Users can easily and reliably follow the steps below to perform the splitting method.
- Download this split PST app from the app
- Install the app
- Select the required file Access
- Preview the file
- Select the required option or delete or reset the password.
- Finally, click the Action button.
These steps are easy for any user to perform. Immediate results are provided by Softaken Split PST pro tools that use this advanced tool.
Why use this app
Users must try out this advanced Split PST tool as;
- The tool is easy to handle
- Can split any size PST file
- Follows a reliable splitting of the PST files
- No corruption is there
- Any error is not faced by the users.
- No need to install the MS Outlook
Thus, a user must try out this advanced tool to separate their PST files.
In this blog, we have learned about the separation of the PST files. Users while going through this blog are able to separate their PST files. Also, a user can manually go through the separation of the PST files.