Gmail is the best email service to use if you are looking for something through which you will be able to easily exchange emails. Well in this case Gmail not connecting to Outlook are two services that have been their preference for people. Both the services are there in the IT world for so many years now so there is nothing that is as trusted as this one is. Also, Gmail and outlook both are easy to use so yes as it comes to preference people often prefer using Gmail and outlook together.
Gmail and Outlook together–
Well, yes using Gmail and Outlook together is something that the users do prefer doing very often. This really makes it very easy for people to deal with things in the world of the internet. But also one cannot deny the fact that there are so many technologies and features that the users do get to face very often. So, sometimes they do get stuck into glitches and errors that they are not able to avoid but yes with the right guidance the issues and errors can be resolved. The most common problem that the users do get to face very often is Gmail Email not connecting to Outlook.
If this is the case, then for a solution to this there are certain hacks and tricks that the user can put to use.
Sometimes this problem comes up as the user is not able to connect to Gmail and outlook properly. So, here before getting into anything else it is necessary for the users to understand the exact process of doing it.
Connecting Gmail to Outlook 2016-
In order to connect Gmail to Outlook 2016, please follow the steps given below–
- Open Outlook click on “file”
- After this, click on “Add account”
- Next, please choose the option “Manual setup”
- Right after this click on “next”
- Then from the Window that appears choose “POP or IMAP”
- After this, in the given fields enter your name and then enter your email address
- Once you fill in the information, after that, click on “more settings”
- The next field “ Require logon using secure password authentication” blank
- After this, please go to the outgoing server
- In the next step go to the “advanced tab” choose SSL for encryption
- Enter the correct port number for SMTP as well as IMAP
After this also there are some more steps that the user will need to follow in order to resolve the issue.
The steps to follow are as given below-
- Please open the website after this login to your Google account
- After this, open the security tab next click on “App passwords”
- Then from the drop-down menu choose to mail and Windows computer
- After this, click on “generate”
- As a result of all this, you will receive 16 characters one-time password
- You can simply copy the password and use it further
- If in case, your Gmail access to outlook, then you will need to recover it for yourself, in order to do that please follow the given steps.
In order to do, this, please follow, the steps given below-
- Open the Outlook app click “file”
- After this, move to account settings
- Then from the drop-down menu choose “Manage Profile”
- After this click the option “Email accounts” as the new Window appears
- A new window will open once again there in the account settings please go to the “Email tab”
- After this, click on “new”
- Next, in the new Window enter the account details
Other than this also there are other procedures through which you can very easily work on regaining outlook access to your Gmail account.
The alternate method to follow goes as given below-
- From the outlook settings please uncheck the option “Enable Connected Experience “
- Also, try to make changes in the IMAP server settings
- Please disable the simplified account creation in the Outlook 2016
- Also, disable all the outlook add-ins
- Please get a new outlook configuration
So, this is how you can deal with the issue of Gmail Email not connecting to Outlook, for knowing more you should get in touch with the team of trained and certified technicians. They can be asked for help and support as and when they feel like it.
Now after this there is one more possibility that you are using Outlook 365, and not just the normal outlook. The problem is there is not much info available for using Gmail with Outlook 365. But if in case you are facing problems with the connection of Gmail and Outlook 365 then for that given below are the steps that you can follow.
- Open your Outlook
- After that, click on “file” next click on “office account”
- Next, under the account privacy you should click on “manage settings”
- After this, please check the box enable optional connected experiences
Also, there are chances that the user may get stuck with some other problem Gmail Email not connecting to Outlook. So, for a resolution to that also the best option for the user to consider would be to take help from the team of technicians. They can be asked for help as per the comfort of the users as they are available at the service of the users all the time also connecting with them is an easy thing to do. You can connect with the experts with the help of phone calls, live chats, and also emails whatever suits you best.