The most important feature of senior home care is that it allows our elderly loved ones to remain in their homes and age gracefully. When asked, most older people will say they prefer to stay at home rather than be forced to move to a senior care facility. For many people who require assistance with daily activities, arranging for senior home care is the best option.
The goal of geriatric care management is to provide the elderly with physical and mental impairments health care that meets their long-term care needs, improves their quality of life, and keeps them independent for as long as possible. Several types of health and social care services are provided on an outpatient basis to the elderly and their families at home.
Home care services offer personalized care plans to ensure that your senior loved ones receive the attention they need to live safely at home.
Geri care services include:
- Regular doctor consultations to meet the patient’s medical needs.
- Help with daily personal hygiene tasks.
- Physiotherapy services help patients maintain their mobility.
- Taking care of the patient’s nutrition through dietician consultations by providing customized diet plans.
- Counsellors and psychologists who provide proper guidance and advice to promote the patient’s positive mental health.
- Expert consultations from MEE to engage seniors in motivating and educational activities.
- Monitoring basic health parameters on a daily basis and keeping doctors informed of the patient’s progress.
Benefits of Geri Care at Home
Comfort of Home
People are comfortable and recover faster in familiar surroundings than in a new environment. A change of environment and living situations can be very stressful. Home care can help you stay in comfortable and familiar surroundings, in the house you love, surrounded by the things you love.
Home care helps you stay independent by assisting in those areas you need a little bit of help. You are placed at the center of your care, and you decide what you need and when you need it. All care and support provided are designed to ensure you remain independent
Senior home care services can be tailored to any patient’s individual needs. Home care providers determine what care is best suited for the patient and plan accordingly, and if needs increase over time, additional support will also be added.
The benefits of receiving care at home are that a caregiver will be able to focus solely on you without being distracted.
Benefits For the Family
Family members are frequently the primary caregivers for ageing relatives. Caring for a parent, spouse, or family member can be exhausting and stressful.
Home Care is more affordable
Care at home is more affordable than care at some nursing homes. If you get a professional caregiver to take care of your loved one at home, you get to develop an individual budget to plan for the required care.
Tips for Choosing the Right Caregiver
Caregiving for elderly loved ones is a rewarding but sometimes demanding responsibility for family members and friends. Geriatric care management incorporates health care and psychological care with other required services such as housing, home care services, nutritional services, assistance with daily living activities, socialization programmes, etc.
Do not choose because it seems overwhelming. Be smart, be prepared, and be honest with everyone. If you do that, you have a much better chance of finding the right fit. Some of the tips for choosing the right caregiver are as follows:
- Determine what kind of care you need.
- Analyze your finances.
- Involve all stakeholders.
- Prepare a job description.
- Make a choice between agency care and private care.
- Consult others for advice
- Don’t be shy to interview
- Make sure you conduct background checks.
- Make sure you communicate with your family members.
Senior care services are varied and designed to meet a wide range of needs. Home care services in Kolkata across the country provide comforting nurse service at home and supportive services, including assisting with daily living activities, respite care, and private duty care.