Medical courses in the UK prepare students for their careers through a combination of world-class teaching and real clinical practice. Many UK medical schools work alongside hospitals and local NHS practices to provide real-life training, while cutting-edge research facilities carry out life-changing work alongside your study. Let’s know best Universities in UK for study MBBS.
UK For Study MBBS
Entry standards to medical school in the UK are strict and students will be required to pass interviews covering topics such as personal motivation, previous work and personal interests. Students may be required to take a clinical aptitude test, UCAT to study medicine at top universities in the UK.
As a result, the UK is known for its National Health Service (NHS), one of the largest publicly funded healthcare systems in the world. Many public hospitals in the country maintain close ties with medical schools.
Best Universities in UK:
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
University of Aberdeen
- Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Location: Brighton, England
- Location: Swansea, Wales
University of Oxford
- Location: Oxford, England
University of Dundee
- Location: Dundee, Scotland
University of Cambridge
- Location: Cambridge, England
University of St Andrews
- Location: St Andrews, Scotland
- Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
University of Bristol
- Location: Bristol, England
Universities in UK For Study MBBS
In the UK, medical degrees are available at undergraduate level, usually as part of a five or six year programme. These programs allow students to acquire a broad knowledge of medicine and include internships and practical sessions. As a result, students can then specialize by continuing their studies.
As a result, medical students in the UK should have high marks in chemistry and biology, but requirements vary from university to university. UK consortium universities offering medical degrees require students to take the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT); and other major universities require students to take the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT). Overseas scholars are also required to take one of these tests when applying to study MBBS in UK at UK university.
King’s College London
- King’s College offers a five-year MBBS in Medicine, a postgraduate program and a bachelor’s degree in Sports and Exercise Medicine. Also, the all courses are absorbed on hands-on knowledge.
- As a result, the medical path is divided into 3 stages. Also, King’s College London has partnerships with some of London’s largest hospitals: Guy’s, King’s College and St Thomas’ Hospitals. There are two main camps – Guy’s and Denmark Hill – where the School of Life and Medicine is located; the Dental and Dental Museum, Oral and Craniofacial Science;
If an optional intermediate degree is chosen, students can extend their five-year course to a six-year course.
The course is divided into three stages. The first stage offers basic skills in biomedical sciences and population sciences, as well as skills for clinical practice. So, the second stage studies the human life cycle and disease processes, focusing on patient care in the clinical setting. Also, the third stage focuses on specialization and the development of skills for the workplace. During this stage, students can choose to study abroad, extending their overall knowledge of medicine.
- UCL, like many other universities in the UK, offers a six-year undergraduate medical course.
- Scholars undertake lectures and clinical experience at the Whittington hospitals in London and Royal Free.
As a result, the first two years of the BSc Medicine course contain learning the essentials of clinical science. During the third and fourth years, students begin to acquire clinical skills. The last two years are devoted to preparation for practice and specialization.
Also, the university began offering medical courses in 1834. As a result, since then six alumni have received Nobel Prizes for their work on autoimmune diseases, adrenaline, and the immune system Also, MBBS in UK for Indian students is the best place for overseas students.
Also read: All You Want To Know About MBBS in UK